Before I forget some of the many things that made this such a nice summer….
1. Middle son moved back to town and has started a business here.
2. We had a visit with Oldest son on Father’s Day.
3. The kid formerly known as D17 became D18.
4. That kid found his inner slugger and hit three home runs in the summer season and started playing shortstop.
5. That kid’s occasional palling around with an old park league buddy matured into a “best buddies” friendship–which has been great for his sense of identity. And another buddy also has called him a lot to do stuff–resulting in a busy summer with lots of fun, wing-stretching activities.
6. We had a wonderful trip to see the Cincinnati Reds and went to the water park at 6 Flags next day.
7. We had a really fun daytrip to Garden of the Gods and Cave in Rock.
8. Scott had a meaningful vacation with his Dad in Idaho.
9. Scott made a beautiful wedding gift for a young friend of ours.
10. My website building business has been just exactly the right amount of busy for me.
11. Scott didn’t have a heart attack and didn’t need a stent, and all of that led to discovering a simple solution to some of his nagging health problems.
12. I went to the doctor about my fragile, strained, hoarse voice and it seems like help might be on the way. I will know more on Thursday.